MGMoA Facility Rental
FACILITY USE POLICY FOR SMALL EVENTS
The Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art has TWO areas in which private individuals, companies, clubs, or corporations may hold events. The following policy is created for the safety of those using the facility and for the protection of the Museum and its collections.
The Multi-purpose Area is two separate rooms which are joined by an 8 foot opening. The CLASSROOM measures 19 x 12 feet, and the VOLUNTEER'S GALLERY measures 27 x 45 feet. The Volunteers gallery will accommodate up to 10 round tables or 80 people seated at tables, or up to 120 people standing. Fees do include tables and chairs, and/or use of a podium as needed. (Set up is on your own.) Although the multi-purpose room is connected to the Museum exhibition galleries, additional fees are necessary for access to these areas after hours.
ACCESS TO THE KITCHEN: to be used for food and drink staging; this does not include use of any tableware, table linens, serving equipment, pots/pans, etc. The kitchen has a double oven, electric cook-top, large refrigerator, small freezer, sink, commercial dishwasher, and ice maker. **(user or user's caterer will provide tableware, table linens, and is responsible for all food/drink service clean up in all areas after the event)**
THE ANTUN GALLERY is available occasionally throughout the year when exhibits are not in the gallery. This 35 x 60ft. room can accommodate up to 20 round tables or 160 people seated at round tables, and its parquet flooring is great for dancing!
WHEN RENTING THE ENTIRE MUSEUM, you have access to the Multi-purpose Area, Kitchen, Antun Gallery, Lobby, and the Wood Gallery. No food or drink is allowed in the Wood Gallery.
***The Museum can provide up to ten 8 foot folding tables, five 5 foot round tables, and 80 chairs. Users will be responsible for providing their own table linens and any tables or chairs needed in excess of those available from the museum.
• Special events must be approved by the Museum Director, or his/her designated representative.
• Food and drink will be limited to the courtyard and Multi- purpose Area. No food or drink is allowed in the
Wood Gallery at any time. Food and drink may be allowed in the Antun Gallery, to be determined by the Director, depending on the type of exhibit in the gallery at the time of the event. Wine, champagne, and beer will be the only alcoholic beverages allowed.
• The Museum building is a non-smoking facility. There shall be no open flames allowed, except for the
use of approved food warmers. (No candles or fog/smoke machines!)
• Any use of electrical equipment will be subject to the electrical load capacity of the building. Events held during normal hours of operation and determined to be distracting to the general visiting public will not be allowed.
• The user is responsible for all setup, take down and clean up. All trash must be out of the building the night of the event. All setup and take down should take place the day of the rental, unless previous permission has been obtained. Set-up time must be approved by the Museum beforehand.
• The use of private caterers is allowed, however, they shall be approved by the Museum beforehand. Setup and dismantling of any decorations, food service, etc. should not disrupt any museum programs. Users will be expected to remove all decorative materials prior to the opening of the museum on the day following the event (10:00 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday, 1:00 p.m. Sunday).
• Events need to end by 11:00 p.m. so clean up can be completed as close to 12:00 a.m. as possible.
• Dancing will not be allowed in gallery spaces if artwork is present. Dancing is allowed in the Multi-purpose room.
• No glitter can be used for decoration.
• Each event will be approved for specific hours. It is the responsibility of the user to cooperate with Museum and security staff in maintaining this schedule.
• The user is required to observe posted regulations concerning smoking, eating, drinking and clean-up for the rented space (s). The museum reserves the right to deny the use of its facilities to any person or organization.
• Each non-museum organization shall sign an "Agreement" form which shall indemnify and hold harmless the Museum, its agents, and employees, against any and all damages, claims or other liability due to personal injury or death, or damages to the property of others, arising out of its use of museum facilities.
Rental rates are as follows for Evenings:
Multi-purpose Area (only)
Non-member: $550 Member: $475
Multi-purpose area and kitchen
Non-member:$600 Member: $525
Entire museum (when available)
Non-member:$1,100 Member: $950
Are you a museum member?
Members receive discounts on facility rental, plus discounts on classes and other activities, invitations to exclusive events, free admission all year, and more!
Learn about becoming a MGMoA Member
• Outside groups are required to pay a service charge for using facilities in accordance with fee schedules approved by the Board of Trustees of the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art.
• There will be a non-refundable deposit of $125 to reserve the date of your event. This will be applied to the total rental fee.
• There will be a refundable deposit of $400 for damages. This deposit is above the cost for the use of the rooms. This will be due two weeks prior to the event and will be returned after the event if there are no damages. We recommend a separate check be issued for the damage deposit, which will be returned
to the user after the event if no damages are incurred.
• Full payment of the rental fee and damage deposit is due two weeks prior to the event or the reservation will be lost.
• Additional charges may be assessed resulting from extended use, damage, abuse or for using services beyond those approved in advance, and the user must accept full responsibility for such additional obligations and their settlement.
• Reservations for event space will be on a first-come, first-served basis and are scheduled only after receipt of
signed Agreement Form and payment. Reservations should be requested at least three weeks prior to the event.
• Checks or money orders for payment should be made out to: Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art.