Community Art Day
PLEASE NOTE: The address for this web page has changed.
The museum hosts Community Art Days throughout the year with each exhibition. These fun Saturdays are free and open to the public. They are usually from 1:00 pm to 3:00 and offer hands- on activities for participants of all ages.
Check the Calendar of Events for information about upcoming Community Art Days.
Fun activities from past Community Art Days...
- Illustration with artist Mike Wimmer
- Painting with artist Bert Seaborn
- Maskmaking with artist Patrick Riley
- Papermaking with artist Rochelle Gaston
- Monoprints with artist Scott Cowan
- Lighted Sculpture with MGMoA staff
- Painted Silk Scarves with Diane Coady and Randy Clemens
- Painting with Aaron Jones
- African Drumming with Jahruba Lambeth
- Basket Weaving with Dora Obuobisa
- Dancing with Anuradha Naimpally
- Flip-book animation with Daniel Lay
- Woven key chains with MGMoA Staff
- Mixed-media painting with Linda Dixon
- Watercolor Painting with Lynn Pollei
- Relief prints with Linda Dixon
Community Art Day is free and open to the public. All ages are invited to attend. All of the supplies necessary for the art project are provided.