Each year, over 10,000 students benefit from MGMoA education programs!
For school teachers and home-school educators
- Schedule an educational field trip for your class or home-school group
- Apply for scholarships to cover 100% of your students' admission costs + reimburse your busing expenses up to $200
- Learn about the MGMoA's education programs for visiting students
- Borrow a traveling treasure trove full of education resources
- Access art-integrated lesson plans for all subjects
- Sign-up for an educator's workshop
- Discover the benefits of Arts Integration
- Access fun art projects (including the Egypt Starbook)
- After-School Art Class (Fall & Spring, Ages 7-18)
- Art Workshops (All Year, 16+)
- Community Art Day (Fall & Spring, All Ages)
- Primary Partners (Summer, Ages 3-6 + Guardian)
- Creative Arts Camp (Summer, Ages 5-13)
- Teen Art Clinic (Summer, Ages 13-18)
- Educator Workshops (Fall, 18+)
- Docent Training (All Year, 16+)
- Join us for Community Art Day
- Experience Arts Trek
- Learn about visiting the museum
- Print a family guide (PDF File) for your museum visit
- Print a self-guided tour (PDF File) for your museum visit
- Access fun art projects
- Check the events calendar for family-friendly activities
- Print this handout to Exercise like an Ancient Greek.
Believing that art is for everyone, the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art enriches individual lives and enhances the entire community by empowering diverse audiences to engage with works of art from many cultures and time periods.
Father Gregory Gerrer, the founder of the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art, began his collection in the early 1900's with pedagogical intent. The MGMoA was founded for the purpose of educating Oklahomans and every item in the collection was selected for its ability to reveal something about the world. Thus, in keeping with Father Gerrer's original vision, it is the goal of the MGMoA education department to develop and execute programs and media employing the museum's collections to enable a diverse audience to learn about art, with art, and through art.