Field Trip Scholarships
A generous donation from BancFirst* and MGMOA Fund-A-Program Scholarships** have provided funds to offset the costs of student field trips to the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art.
*BancFirst has generously provided funding for all schools in communities where a BancFirst is located.
**MGMoA Fund-A-Program Scholarships are collected during the museum's annual gala, where individual donors give generously to support field trip and class scholarships and free museum programs.
- Schools (public, private, & charter), Home School Groups, Youth Interest Groups, and University Classes are encouraged to apply for the admission scholarship.
- These funds are awarded on a first-come-first-served basis.
- There is not a set limit to the admission scholarship. Generally, schools/groups are awarded a scholarship to cover 100% of student admission/program fees. However, funds are limited and a partial scholarship may be awarded. You will be notified as soon as possible as to the status of your request.
- You may apply for an admission scholarship for each group. Schools may bring multiple groups--each group is eligible for a scholarship. Multiple groups from the same school may attend at the same time. If you bring the same students to the museum on multiple visits, you may apply for an admission scholarship for each visit.
- The admission scholarship is only available for student groups (ages early childhood-university).
- Chaperon fees are waived by the museum (1 chaperon per every 10 kids). Please do not bring an excessive number of chaperons. Please do not bring siblings.
- This scholarship is available only to schools and only to those traveling by BUS. Those traveling via car pool should not apply.
- Transportation scholarships are only awarded to schools visiting the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art for the purpose of a docent-led tour or a student program.
- You may receive reimbursement up to the highest amount requested per each group. Schools may bring multiple groups--each group is eligible for a scholarship. (Multiple groups from the same school may attend at one time.) Maximum capacity for a museum program is 75 students (100 students if an abbey tour can be scheduled).
- After your trip, the school must return a completed educator evaluation from each teacher and a completed student evaluation from each child. Download the printable evaluations or complete evaluations online via the links on the right.
- After your trip, the school must invoice the museum for your busing expenses. You may upload a copy of your invoice as a PDF, JPG, or MS WORD document when completing the online teacher evaluation.
- Evaluations and invoice must be sent to the museum within 30 days following your visit or the museum will figure the mileage for the trip and reimburse the school $0.50 per mile up to the highest amount requested, but not to exceed $200.00 per group.
- If you do not complete the evaluation online, please mail evaluations and invoice to Attn: Education Dept, Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art, 1900 W. MacArthur, Shawnee, OK 74804; FAX 405-878-5133; e-mail [email protected]
Student Tour Evaluation Form
(to be completed online by each student)
Teacher Tour Evaluation Form
(to be completed online by teacher)
Printable Evaluation Forms
Printed forms should be sent to:
Attn: Education Dept.
Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art
1900 W. MacArthur
Shawnee, OK 74804