Becoming a DocentNo previous knowledge of art or art history is required, but would-be docents should possess:
- A sincere and genuine interest in people
- A love for and excitement about learning
- A strong desire to help others make a connection with art
- A willingness to inspire others, make good friends, and have memorable experiences.
To be a docent is also to be a committed life-long learner!
For additional information or to indicate your interest, please contact the MGMoA Education Department, or call 405-878-5605.
Required TrainingDocent training includes information about the MGMoA collection, temporary exhibitions, art techniques and media, art history, techniques for touring and for working with distinct audiences. All docents receive Visual Thinking Strategies training.
- Active docents attend one meeting per month during the school year (September-May). This meeting is generally the second Monday of the month at noon.
- Major training occurs in August and September with several half-day workshops. Check the calendar of events for upcoming trainings.